Hello, hello! I PRESENT TO YOU.. A POLYVORE POST! YIPEE!
Well then, let's get crack a lackin'..
Remember my post about the whole "dress layered over pant" trend? If not, I'll have you know this is only acceptable if a. you suffer severe memory loss or if b. you have never seen this blog before in your life (now you should probably be scratching your head and wondering HOW COULD YOU DEPRIVE YOURSELF IN SUCH A WAY?!) Anyway, I'll make your life a tad easier, here's the post I'm talking about.
In this Polyvore post, I'll be showing you my take on the emerging trend.
outfit inspiration by alessandra_mari featuring stacked heel shoes
1. The Dress (Free People): What better way to begin than with the main piece of the outfit? In order to layer a dress over pants, we're going to need a dress. Pick a dress, any dress. Because I'm a Freep creep, I chose this Free People number. It reminds me of china, the cups & stuff- not the country, silly 'ol bears.
2. The Pants (Urban Outfitters): Ah, how clever. Pants. To go under the china dress. I chose yellow because a. it's my favorite color and b. I feel if this dress was worn with blue jeans, you'd look like wall paper HOW ATTRACTIVE.. Or not. Anyway, choose to layer a skinny jean under the dress so you don't look like a sack of potatoes.
3. The Fun Scarf (Just Cavalli): Because I imagine this outfit being worn in the fall, I like the idea of adding a scarf. Especially a snakeskin printed one. It breaks up the pattern of the dress and compliments the Laffy Taffy banana yellow skinnies.
4. The Leather Jacket (All Saints): Everyone needs a leather jacket. It's a classic piece and goes with everything. Even china dresses layered over yellow skinnies with a snakeskin printed scarf. Best part about this one? It hits right at the waist & is super lightweight- perfect for layering.
5. The Shoes (Jeffrey Campbell): I've been dying for these shoes for quite awhile (and now they come in black brocade- GASP) so I had to find a way to incorporate them into this post somehow. They give the extra height needed so you don't look sloppy. And they're Jeffrey Campbell.. COME ON.
6. The Bag (Fossil): I'll be honest, I hate Fossil. But I think they did pretty good job with this bag. I like how the color balances out with the yellow of the jeans, the blue embroidery of the dress, and the dull taupe of the shoes, jacket, and scarf. Ya know, that pop of color every outfit should have.
7. Pulling It All Together (RayBan, Jewelry upon request): Finish off the look with oversized cat eye sunnies, and a messy ponytail (or my personal fav- a top knot bun). If you're a fan of The Man Repeller, you'd know that this look (like any other) calls for an arm party! So, scrunch up those leather jacket sleeves and layer on tons of fun neon baubles & studded leather bracelets/watches and get to partying.
Don't forget to invite the elephant wearing cowboy boots/zebra/flamingo thrown into the mix. They're cool because they match the outfit we just concocted.
And because they're colorful.
Have a lovely weekend!
I promise to have an outfit post super duper soon.
Kissies!

No comments:
Post a Comment