OMG YOU GUYS. Forgive me. I've been MIA for quite a few days. Actually, I've been hibernating. Just kidding. I've been spending some quality time with my bed 'cause I've been sick. And haven't really done much of anything except consume massive amounts of lemon tea & Saltine crackers, sleep, and take tons of meds. And unless you desire to have seen me in some less than snazzy pj's & a hair style that could probably have been mistaken for a bird's nest, I've got nothin' to show you- outfit wise.
| Fab 5 Freddy New York: New Work. Gallery 151 350 Bowery. |
BUT THEN, THEN I REMEMBERED. I forgot to tell you about my experience at the Fab 5 Freddy gallery show at Gallery 151 on the Bowery. K. So. It's a totally cool show. & I'm not posting any pictures of the art work because it's your job to go check it out yourself (you can see some stuff on the link i provided BUT it's not as cool if you don't go ch ch check it out in person). He's a cool dude, this guy. And I praise him for having the patience to glue tons of Swarovski crystals onto his cool digitally produced works of art. Yeah. Plus P Diddy (is that even his name anymore?) & Kanye made an appearance. THUG LIFE.
| Studded vest from Spain, lace shirt from Urban Outfitters, vintage belt, ex boyfriend jeans, Longchamp bag. ps- I got a mani recently. Yay me. No more naked nails. |
It happened to be a jazillion degrees that day/night so I tried to wear as minimal clothing possible but still keepin' it classy (hence the lace shirt). 'Cause that's how I do.
AND NOW.. reintroducing the ex-boyfriend shorts! I'm telling you- by the time August rolls around, you're gonna be sick of them. I wore this outfit with my Cooperative flatforms (seen here). Which you can't see. 'Cause they weren't being so cooperative with the whole photoshoot thing. HAHA GET IT?. K. I found this vest in Spain when I went there last summer. I want to wear it everywhere. EVEN IN THE SHOWER.
Now, I'm sure you're wondering who this beautiful dress form with this super cool outfit could possibly be.. Well, let me introduce you to my dear friend, LOLA. I'm sorry to inform you folks, but she is not a show girl, nor does she have yellow feathers in her nonexistent hair, and you won't be finding her at the Copacabana- but, she is my dress form. Who I poke and prod with pins & style tape & muslin & fabric. You get the point. Today I felt well enough to go shopping. Retail therapy. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Sadly, I put all of my energy into shopping & had to ask Lola over here to model my outfit of the day. I think she did pretty good. Or maybe I did pretty good. All in all, Lola & I make a damn good team. AWW.
| Imagine Lola's nonexistent feet in these super cool sandals from Greece. |
Now, I'm off to go experiment with some dye. For fabric? For hair? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW. Until tomorrow. Hope you all had a much more exciting weekend than mine. Kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment